Do you need an Organized Office?
An organized office and the desk you work at each day greatly influences your productivity. It also shares how your clients and the people you work with relate to you, and ultimately, your happiness.
A disorganized and chaotic office says a lot of things . . . and none of them are positive. Take control of your space with the following steps for an organized office:
Step 1: Assess the damage.
- What can be thrown away, recycled, or donated?
- Discard what is NOT loved or useful?
- Can you save on the cloud vs a paper copy?
- How hard would it be to obtain again if it was released?
- What objects in the space enhance your business?
- What objects in the space deplete your energy?
Step 2: Dream – Take a moment to imagine your perfect office.
- What organization systems are in place
- Describe your perfect office – Room color, style, details?
Step 3: Make a Plan
- What is your to-do list?
- Who will do it?
- Why do you need to do it?
- When will you do it?
- How will you do it?
Step 4: Set the Stage
- Clean and wipe everything down
- Put your desk in a power position (when your back is against a solid wall with a view to a window and/or door)
- Reduce and/or arrange furniture
Step 5: Implement the Plan
- Purge what is no longer needed
- Sort everything into “like” items (other room, return to friends, trash, donate, or sorted items that stay in the room)
- Organize files and objects
- Contain smaller items
- Label for intention and accountability
- Deal with the “OUT” pile immediately
- Take the trash to the dumpster/recycling
- Drop off donation items
- Return items that don’t belong to you
- Post items for sale on social media, take to consignment or add to “for sale” sites.
Step 6: Create a Maintenance Plan
- What needs to happen in order to maintain the space?
- If it takes you less than 2 minutes, do it right away (i.e. filing)!
- And don’t forget to RELISH the clean, organized, and productive space!
Looking for more focus, action, and accountability? Order our Complete Guide for Balance & Harmony Book . . . Or for a limited time ONLY, order The Complete Guide for Balance & Harmony OWL Kit before the price goes up! Order Today!
Author, Trainer, Life Organizer®
Melinda Smith, CPO® organizes and executes action plans, training, and consulting. Great referrals are business owners, executives, and companies looking for sustainable change. Above all, she can help create a more productive work, a happy home, and a prosperous you.
Especially relevant is the fact that Melinda has worked with companies and individuals for over 20 years. Conducting workshops across the East Coast, they include over 60 cities in 19 states. Equally important focus topics include Strategic Thinking, Teambuilding, and Organization. As well as Balance Strategies, Stress Management, and Embracing Change.
After all, Melinda was one of the first 200 in the nation to achieve a Certified Professional Organizer status. In addition, she is also a graduate of the Western School of Feng Shui (pronounced feng shway).
Melinda has owned Balance & Harmony 360², Inc., since 2003. She is also the author of The Complete Guide for Balance & Harmony OWL Kit. In addition, this kit consists of a book, workbook, and F.O.C.U.S. Journal as well as five products to help organize Work, Home, and You.
Finally, if you are not convinced we can help you, please check more about our company with the links below.
Melinda’s training, books, consulting, advising, and speaking options, as well as where to purchase, visit: